Kathiucia Dias, known as ‘Kat’, has pursued an art career in both New York and California. After working as an artist for a couple years for an entertainment studio in Burbank, CA, she decided to pursue her own direction as a Fine Artist. She has a background in Traditional Animation, sculpture, digital work, but currently focuses on representational oil paintings and good draughtsmanship. She has shown in numerous shows and sold paintings in various countries and has studied with Carl Dobsky @ Safehouse Atelier. She is currently teaching and working on her next collection.
As an artist, Kat seeks to explore language in a representational visual aesthetic. She considers her ongoing studies an essential part of her artistic process, and her compositions are directly inspired by those ideas in congruence with life.
She is currently represented by Abend Gallery in Denver, CO.
- Safehouse Atelier
- Pratt Institute
- New Masters Academy- 2017.
- Brentwood Art Center- currently.
- Wine and Canvas-August 2017.
- Guest artist @ Ryman Arts. Oct. 2016.
- Private tutoring- currently.
- Studio Arts- 2008-2010.
- CAC Mentor- currently.
- Art Renewal Center Scholarship, 2014.
- Scottsdale Artists’ School Scholarship 2012.
- LAAFA sessions Scholarship Spring 2012.
- LAAFA sessions Scholarship Spring 2011.
- 2017, June- ‘Brentwood Art Center Faculty Show’. Brentwood, CA.
- 2017, January- ‘Brentwood Art Center Faculty Show’. Brentwood, CA.
- 2016, December-’26th Annual Miniatures Show’. Abend Gallery, Denver, CO.
- 2016, November-‘…’. Safehouse Atelier, L.A, CA.
- 2016, May- ‘Contemporary Figuration’. Abend Gallery, Denver, Co.
- 2015, December- ’25th Annual Miniatures Show’. Abend Gallery. Denver, CO.
- 2015, October- ‘Trac 2015’. Crown Plaza Hotel, Oxnard, CA.
- 2015, September -‘Subjective Truths’, Carnegie Art Museum, Oxnard, CA.
- 2015, June- ‘Group Exhibition; Figurative’. Abend Gallery, Denver, CO.
- 2015, May- ‘On Location in Malibu’. Frederick Weisman Museum, Malibu, CA.
- 2015- April- ‘Group Exhibition; Landscape’. Abend Gallery, Denver, CO.
- 2015- March-‘CAC 104 Gold Medal Show’. USC Fisher Museum of Art, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2015-February- ‘Wanderess’-Solo show. Preferred Plants, Rochester, NY.
- 2014-November- ‘The Man Show’. Cope Studios, Los Angeles, CA
- 2014-March -‘CAC 103 Gold Medal Show’. Autry Museum, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2014- February- ‘TRAC 2014 Exhibition’. Crowne Plaza Ventura Hotel, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2014-February- ‘Women by Women’. Kwan Fong Gallery, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2013-October-‘Southland’. Kwan Fong Gallery, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2013-September- ‘Women Painting Women (R)evolution’. Townsend Atelier, Chattanooga, TN.
- 2013-September- ‘The Self Portrait Show’. Carter Sexton, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2013-June- ‘CAC 102 Gold Medal Show’. USC Fisher Museum of Art, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2013-May- ‘Half of X’. Gallery 839, Burbank, CA.
- 2013-March- ‘Retrospective’ Solo Show. Ink’d Chronicles, Pomona, CA.
- 2013-January-‘Best and Brightest’. Scottsdale Artists School, Scottsdale, AZ.
- 2012-December-‘LAAFA 10-year Anniversary Show’. Bergamot Station, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2012- September-‘Together We Are Strong’. Skylab, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2010- ‘B3′. Hive Gallery, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2010′ ‘Drawgasmic’. Art Dimensions Gallery, MO.
- 2010 ‘The Art of Tim Burtons Alice in Wonderland’. Nucleus Gallery, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2006 ‘Best of Pratt Show’. Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, NY.
- 2006 ‘Best of Pratt BAM Film Show’. A Theatre, New York, NY.
- 2015, ‘The Art of Trac 2015’, book published by CLU.
- 2015 ‘9th International Drawing Annual, INDA’, book published by Manifest.
- 2014-‘Statue delle idee’. book by Lucio Giuliodori, Surreal Publishing.
- 2014- ‘Art Journey; People!’, book published by North Light Books.
- 2010- ‘Self; 100 artists take a look inside’, Book by Joe Natoli.
- 2010- ‘Drawgasmic’, book published by Cranky Yellow Publishing.
- 2007- Toy Review, cover. Sept. issue.
- 2015, May. ‘Containment’, short film. Directed by Kathiucia.
- 2014, August. RadioTV, Artful undress. Interview.
- 2008. Minutes till Midnight; Vintage Hearts music video. Directed by Seaton Lin.
- Abend Gallery. Denver, CO. 303.355.0950 http://www.abendgallery.com/index.htm